Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
German-tuned Crossfire gets performance to match appearance

By AUTOWEEK

WITH ITS WILD COUPE V8 6.1, Startech—sister company to German tuner Brabus—is giving the Chrysler Crossfire the sort of performance its aggressive appearance suggests.

Shoehorned under the hood of the heavily reworked two-seater revealed in Frankfurt is a 6.1-liter V8 based on the 5.0-liter V8 used in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. In this guise, the three-valves-per-cylinder unit delivers 426 hp at 5400 rpm along with 449 lb-ft of torque at 4100 rpm. That’s up 208 hp and 225 lb-ft on the Crossfire’s standard 3.2-liter V6 and enough, according to Startech, to give the car 0-to-62-mph acceleration in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 186 mph.

Beefier suspension, bigger brakes and a larger automatic rear wing help the car cope with the added power. Base price for the car and modifications is a cool $107,000.

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Punk Boy said:
German-tuned Crossfire gets performance to match appearance

By AUTOWEEK

WITH ITS WILD COUPE V8 6.1, Startech—sister company to German tuner Brabus—is giving the Chrysler Crossfire the sort of performance its aggressive appearance suggests.

Shoehorned under the hood of the heavily reworked two-seater revealed in Frankfurt is a 6.1-liter V8 based on the 5.0-liter V8 used in the Mercedes-Benz S-Class. In this guise, the three-valves-per-cylinder unit delivers 426 hp at 5400 rpm along with 449 lb-ft of torque at 4100 rpm. That’s up 208 hp and 225 lb-ft on the Crossfire’s standard 3.2-liter V6 and enough, according to Startech, to give the car 0-to-62-mph acceleration in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 186 mph.

Beefier suspension, bigger brakes and a larger automatic rear wing help the car cope with the added power. Base price for the car and modifications is a cool $107,000.

Looks like that car, the Viper and the Corvette C6 will all have the same side panels.:(

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this car is much smaller than either of them

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Ive seen a few of the Normal Cross-fires up close. They dont look half bad. But man are they gutless.

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
loggins its a very great car...basically a coupe version of the SLK...which is a very good car in its own right....granted its not a corvette...but its built well

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Punk Boy said:
loggins its a very great car...basically a coupe version of the SLK...which is a very good car in its own right....granted its not a corvette...but its built well
:agree:
Before I saw it up Close I didnt really like it. But when i did it Grew on me Fast. I like the wing that comes out of the back.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Why spend all that cash when you can have an SRT-4 for around 20k? I believe 0 to 60 in an SRT-4 is around 5 seconds, and that's stock. Throw some goodies on it, and that thing will rock!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
VPRSNAK said:
Why spend all that cash when you can have an SRT-4 for around 20k? I believe 0 to 60 in an SRT-4 is around 5 seconds, and that's stock. Throw some goodies on it, and that thing will rock!
Well maybe People dont want a sporty compact car and they want something Different then Every1 else. The SRT-4 is a peppy Sucker but in the end its still a Neon with a body kit. I would take the bad ass SRT Ram.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Loggins1 said:
Well maybe People dont want a sporty compact car and they want something Different then Every1 else.
I understand what you're saying. Problem is, SRT-4's are not to be had around here. Dodge wanted to compete with "ricers" so the majority of the 3000 something SRT-4's made went to where most ricers are. That includes New York, LA, and Florida. Not one dealership in Illinois got an SRT-4 from Chrysler. I know of one dealership in IL that was pissed they could not get an SRT from Chrysler, so they bought 8 from above mentioned area dealerships. Believe me, if you're running around in one of these rockets, your NOT like every one else!!:smokin:

PS, sorry Punk Boy about the hijack!

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wouldn't pay 100 grand for a crossfire...but i think it'll be a pretty good success for DC....unique looks....and decent performance...and np for the hijacking..

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
100,000 +
forget it.i would never.:not even if was 50,000.:smokin:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Punk Boy said:
I'm sorry, the Crossfire reminds me of an AMC Pacer, Party on Garth!:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I checked out the crossfire and it seems to be built well, and an all around nice sports car. But its no Vette, and isnt intended to be. Thought of buying one as a daily driver. But it is priced about $5000 to $7000 to high in my opinion. Chysler sent info. and promo's since I had shown interest long before they arrived here. But their selling tactics suck....the ole be the first (for list price)before their gone.:down:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts