Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMPORTANT: You may not display this photo on another website, that is a violation of copyright law.

But, you may link to this THREAD on our site.

Check back DAILY for more pics!

 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
1) This pic shows the front hood line, and appears to confirm that the hood is not modified and the air scoop is in the nose itself.

2) This car is IN MOTION ... the wind is lifting the rear cammo, after studying it and other C6 pictures it's safe to say there is no rear "lip" or rear wing on the back. You can see the end of the car and the dropoff.

What do you think?
:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Great Pic!

Thanks Patrick! You are right, no lip on this one. I was hoping they would have a spoiler on the rear like on the Tiger Shark. Maybe there is another mule out there with it on the back. Still want one, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I'm a bit confused. That pic clearly shows a targa top, but Dave Hill has held steady that it will be a fixed-roof Coupe.

Is he giving disinformation? I just don't think he would be so blatant about a lie just to throw off the public for a few months. I'm guessing there's some other answer.

Thanks for the pic. Excellent!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,044 Posts
Hey Patrick,

Is this the pic we have been waiting for U to post?

Are we to expect yet another pic from Rick today, maybe?

And thank you for your hard work on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
WOW !!!!

That is one CLEAN shot of the new Z. I agree with Patrick , definitely no type of spoiler on the rear. The front looks to be heavily padded as well , I guess the front overhang will be the same.I'm also convinced that they're doing something different with the side "coves"

I love the way the wheel wells get filled up with those wheels.

Awesome pic! well worth the wait Patrick.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
toolman44092 said:
I'm a bit confused. That pic clearly shows a targa top, but Dave Hill has held steady that it will be a fixed-roof Coupe.

Is he giving disinformation? I just don't think he would be so blatant about a lie just to throw off the public for a few months. I'm guessing there's some other answer.

Thanks for the pic. Excellent!

Don't forget , we're looking at a car in camouflage. That "targe top" could very well be an illusion. Not too difficult to draw a line there to throw ppl off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
You might be right. I was just thinking that it may be a fixed roof, but it's tinted glass. That would account for the panel being a different material and hence a seam where the two meet. There is definitely a seam there though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
BTW, I think you're confusing a targo top with t-tops. A targa top is a one-piece top that covers the entire cockpit. The dimple is on the C5 tops as well only not as pronounced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
stinger430 said:
Don't forget , we're looking at a car in camouflage. That "targe top" could very well be an illusion. Not too difficult to draw a line there to throw ppl off.
And they drew in the sunvisors you can see through the top too, right:huh: :rolling:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Patrick said:
1) This pic shows the front hood line, and appears to confirm that the hood is not modified and the air scoop is in the nose itself.

2) This car is IN MOTION ... the wind is lifting the rear cammo, after studying it and other C6 pictures it's safe to say there is no rear "lip" or rear wing on the back. You can see the end of the car and the dropoff.

What do you think?
:thumbsup:
To me it looks like the car is in motion but not going very fast. Look at the string hanging behind the rear wheels. If it was going fast enough to pull the rear camo back then that string would be more horizontal. That makes me think that what we are seeing is actually an enlarged spoiler in black.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SuperChevyIC said:
To me it looks like the car is in motion but not going very fast. Look at the string hanging behind the rear wheels. If it was going fast enough to pull the rear camo back then that string would be more horizontal. That makes me think that what we are seeing is actually an enlarged spoiler in black.
I have seen other pics in this series, the car is going plenty fast... there is no lip/spolier....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
660 Posts
What better way to throw off the spies than bolt up all the Z06 components to a coupe....

just my guess after reading the Dave Hill article.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
I am guessing there will be a little larger "spoiler", but it will not go all the way across the back. I really think they will do something different with the rear glass than we see here. This shows again how much longer the front fascia will be. The front fascia will be the key for styling in my eyes anyway.

Thanks again DC!
 
1 - 20 of 229 Posts
Top