Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced for my first time last Friday....My best time was 12.66 @ 113mph!!! I think I can get a 11 second run in the spring...Here is why I think I can. I will have my 1.6 roller rockers in then, I will go with less gas (had 3/4 tank Friday) & I will have new tire's! Plus I will be a little more prepared...I got better after every run!:excited: :excited: :excited:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pretty damn good there Mr Fake Sport. You had some clown giving you advice...God knows how you improved:rolleyes: ;)

that 113 has your 11 second run no problem. I don't know about on street tires, but we'll see! Trust me, get a dana 44 anyway.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
anyone know how to upload videos? i videotaped eric and have them on my hard drive.

i just converted some of his in car camera shots to digital.

they're VERY cool.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Thanks for all the help Jay! I really appreciate it! So Pat what are your track #'s?
I'll have some this coming weekend, there is a Great Lakes Corvette Challenge!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Pat...

I will help as much as I can. HOWEVER, I have to give the assistance nod to RichS on this one(other forum). That man rows the gears like a trooper in his modded G/S. I'm sure He can give you some sound advice as well.

Are you going to be on streets or stickies?

Keep me posted.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-=Jeff=- said:
what was your 60ft?

Also are you sure the 1.6 rocker will help and not hurt you?

Good time though!!!

I like the MPH
My 60ft on my 12 sec run was 2.124....I had a few 1.8 60ft's....If I got a 1.8 go I woulda had a 12.3 1/4! :excited: Could the 1.6's hurt me?:huh: I thought it was like putting a taller cam in?:huh:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
84 GRANDSPORT said:
Could the 1.6's hurt me?:huh: I thought it was like putting a taller cam in?:huh:
Well yes it is possible. Everything I have learned gets based arund combination of parts. So you need to find out if the heads flow more at the taller lift. same with the intake, can it flow enough for more lift?

In a stock situation the 1.6s help since the cams are typically smaller. when Aftermarket they could help or hurt, mostly help, but you could have a situation where they won't help.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Congrats...............sounds plenty quick to me, Never tried to do that cause I'm too old (reflexs) I think.:laughing:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-=Jeff=- said:
Well yes it is possible. Everything I have learned gets based arund combination of parts. So you need to find out if the heads flow more at the taller lift. same with the intake, can it flow enough for more lift?

In a stock situation the 1.6s help since the cams are typically smaller. when Aftermarket they could help or hurt, mostly help, but you could have a situation where they won't help.
I think my heads & intake can flow enoughf. I have aluminum Dart Pro1's & my intake is an dual plane Eddelbrock RPM Air Gap. I am gonna roll the dice & put the 1.6's on. My mechanic says it will help my setup....I hope he is right!:huh:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Nice times and mph. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
For what it's worth, Eric ran on a warm day close to 80 deg's. It was his first time EVER racing on a track, and there's a bunch left just by fuel load, launch and Density Altitude (DA as us hardcore racers know it is).

Stay tuned Eric, I'm going to run my friend's "Z" this weekend with a 383. It's never been run at the track, but should perform quite well seeing it's technically a hybrid LPE-383 with a carb.

Jay

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jay 383 said:
For what it's worth, Eric ran on a warm day close to 80 deg's. It was his first time EVER racing on a track, and there's a bunch left just by fuel load, launch and Density Altitude (DA as us hardcore racers know it is).

Stay tuned Eric, I'm going to run my friend's "Z" this weekend with a 383. It's never been run at the track, but should perform quite well seeing it's technically a hybrid LPE-383 with a carb.

Jay
Thanks Jay....I think we will be a good race.....I do think you will beat me but not by much!:stick: Nice to see Franks Iroc is Carbed!:excited:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts