Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this Fall after talking with Gary Ramadei (GTR1999 here on the forum) a couple of times I was able to meet up with him during a trip back East. Gary is a great guy and does very impressive work with real attention to the details. If you are not familiar with Gary's work, search this forum for his threads and I think you will be impressed. With that said, yesterday I commisioned him to build a new 12 Bolt tranny for my '70 BB vert and also build up a new set of offset T/As. I plan to start a build thread here on the Forum once I get started on the removal & install which will probably be in late February timeframe.

:cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
He is currently rebuilding one of my Trailing Arms. Great guy, easy to work with and really knows what he is doing.

Keep us posted, I'd like to read about it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
A Gary built 12 bolt is on my wishlist! Having bought some stuff from Gary to redo my current trailing arms, diff, and the steering box I have to say he is a great guy. Gary is far beyond being just helpful. He is a world class person to deal with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just re-read my own post :crazy:.....that should be a 12 bolt Rear End, not a tranny......too much egg nog.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm very pleased with Gary's rebuild on my C3 diff, half-shafts and TAs. He takes great pride in his work and it shows. You won't be sorry.

Merry Christmas!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
110 Posts
just wondering, are you retaining your stock half-shafts? or upgrading those "while you're at it"? if upgrading, what are you upgrading to?

what gear ratio are you going with?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just wondering, are you retaining your stock half-shafts? or upgrading those "while you're at it"? if upgrading, what are you upgrading to?

what gear ratio are you going with?
There is a lot of "while I'm at it" going on....
Half shafts will be Tom's 3 1/2" OD with 0.134" wall thickness and 1350 solid Spicer joints. Tom's 31 spline axles and new offset T/As from Van Steel that are set up for QA 1 coil overs and their new shortened sway bar. Rear end gears are 3.73. I'm already running a TKO 600 tranny with the 0.64 OD 5th gear. I hoping to stuff a 295/45/18 Nitto NT05 in the rear on a 5.5" back space wheel, the tire may be too wide but that is my target. Front suspension will get a make over too with QA 1 coil overs. I won't be able to get it on the lift until late Feb or early March which is OK since you can rarely get on the road until the end of May up here anyway.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Hi guys
Since it's almost New Years Eve, here's to a safe & good year to all and of course a couple of pictures of Ray's new 373 12 bolt. Just about done!!

Beware of imitations this is the real deal!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments.

I'm glad to see Gary posted the pics of the near completed unit for you guys to see. Sounds like it will be headed to MT next week and I can't wait to see it. He's sent me at least 50 photos during the fabrication process of the 12 bolt to keep me informed. He does awesome work! He will receiving my new off set T/As soon for build up with Tom's axles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts