Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If anyone going to 2011 Corvettes at Carlisle wants to see a
12-bolt set up I'm going to have one on display. This will only be the case in the carrier but I'll have a polished and tuned 10 bolt posi next to it for comparision.

See you there:thumbsup:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well it really depends on the type of build, 1350 or 1480, the current price of parts, and if I have to supply a core. Since I build all to application that could vary as well.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just a note for anyone thinking of one of these, some stocked parts are getting low and it may be a while before they are restocked. I'm not trying to scare or sell anyone anything just offering advice that the Super 10 and 12 builds could be affected. I don't plan on using imported parts for one of these builds so once the stock is used who knows what the outcome will be.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just a note, Tom is still working on getting the spiders made but I don't expect to see new ones for a while.

Also the 12 vette spools are all done now with Richmond closed up. A couple of guys asked about them in the past and for a track car that is the way to go but now you will have to fab up your own or use the posi- if you can get a 12 bolt kit from Tom's stock. He still has some complete kits left.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
2018 update
As most know, Tom passed away last January, I miss taking with him, I really liked him. His wife is still running the business and you can get most of the parts still but the good spiders are long gone now. I haven't seen any like the ones we used for years. I stocked up on them and still have some but if this is something you are going to do or have done you better have your parts lined up. Also be careful of some of those offering these at below market price, you get what you pay for and if you think you got a great deal for a real 12 bolt I hope you have pictures of just what you paid for, you might be surprised later on if you open it up.

·
Supporting Vendor
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Just an update. I was contacted over the past several months to repair 3 different 12 bolts build by knockoff guys that have failed. One was out of the USA so that guy really got hit hard. Buyer beware if something sounds too good and the price is lower then what a real 12 bolt would cost you are not going to get what you think you are. I have the pictures of those bad 12 bolt builds to back up my claims. The good spiders have not been remade and are long gone. The Eaton 12 bolt spiders are said to be strong, an Eaton tech told me they're the best they ever made but they are not as good as what Tom had made 9+ years ago. Knockoff guys don't tell you whole deal, just what sounds good enough to get your deposit.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts