Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of 17 LS-6 Chevelle Convertibles....sold at auction (Dana Mecum, St Charles Illinois Nov 1-2) reportedly the first one made.... :) another one sold last year at Barrett-Jackson for $172,000

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Wow! I could have bought that instead of my house, and had cash left over to paint flames on it. Can you find a picture of it?!

:D

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you find a picture of it?!

:D
i would but it was listed in the back of Automobile Magazine this month.....there weren't any pics of it there :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't get me wrong..that's a bad-ass car..but 150K..for a Chevelle?

You could build a better handling, higher hp clone of that car for less than a third of that amount.

I'm glad that there are people with this kind of coin out there but its pricing me and a lot of other folks right out of this market!

I've been dying to recreate my old 69 Camaro RS (used to drag it at Englishtown) but I've passed on the idea. I'm seeing cars that technically aren't even "cars" going for 10K. Cars that were considered "drivers" 10 years ago are now fetching 15-20K and #2's are already over 25K.

I looked at an excellent restored RS/SS (frame-on resto) that was asking 48K..and sold for 46K!! Sorry but that's too much for me.

I had a totally rebuilt front subframe for my car gathering dust in my parent's garage since my 69 was totalled and I sold it about 10 years ago. I paid 150.00 for it and spent another 250.00 to rebuild it...and sold it for 400.00. There was another one on one of the Camaro sites I visit and they were asking 2500.00 for it and it wasn't even rebuilt!!

Time to get a ratrod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts