Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Junkman......just wanted to do a follow -up on the intake pull to change out oil sensor. As you know, wasn't the sensor or cam positioning sensor. Mostly oil from the intake . Got that cleaned up really good. Valley pan gasket & knock sensors were fine. Did the '04 seal on the knock sensors also. Anyway, still had a leak from the oil pan bolts, two of 'em to be exact. So took it to our local vette shop, had a new pan gasket put on. One of the bolts had been torqued to much and bottomed out, so had to have that one heli-coiled. While in the shop, since my '99 has 117,xxx on the clock, had a new main seal put in. While all this was being done, went ahead and had the trans filter, trans cover gasket, gasket & O-ring between the trans & diff replaced & new axle seals put in. All the seals & gaskets were the '04 upgrade. None of these were bad, just did it while the car was in for the pan gasket. My '99 is absolutely in excellent shape (inside or out) & runs great or I wouldn't have had this done. Still have my original sport seats, and not a tear/worn spot on them. This is the only time the running gear (& intake) has ever been touched. I believe in the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It's always been babied & religiously maintained though. Good for another 100,xxx now.
Thanks for all the help and wisdom..You were a great help.
:thumbsup:

Gregg

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Wow Gregg, that's a whole lotta lovin'! I agree with the not messing with it if it ain't broke except for cars. With cars, I follow the maintenance schedule. You don't want to let something like a set of spark plugs set in your car for over 100,000 miles.

Thanks for the update. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I agree..As I said it has been religiously maintained. Everything that should have been done, has been since day 1.
Have used nothing but mobil 1, 5-30. regular maintenance such as brakes, tune-up, shocks, oil trans-diff fluid, etc were all done on the maintenance shhedule. Most were done actually before they were supposed to. I just meant I don't take something apart just to see how it was put together. I guess that's the reason mine is in such good shape. Mine has every option that was available in '99. Even had thin spokes put on before it left the factory. Mine was built May 29, '99. The last '99 was built June 29, '99. The 2000 was just in production behind it & I liked the thin spokes better than the wagon wheels. So with a little beggin & pleading, had them changed. It's completely stock except for HIDs & console cushion.

Gregg

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
Good thing you dodged the wagon wheel bullet! Ewwww! :laughing:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts