Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a set of chrome ZR-1 wheels for my white 89. The problem i am having is.... I want to put 11's in the back but I'm not sure if they will stick out too much. Having a white car, i am afraid they will stick out and everytime i drive my car it will get really dirty from the tires sticking out and dirt coming off of them onto the side of my car. Any opinions on this?
Thanks for the input :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Raidmagic, Not to bother you about it too much but would you happen to have a picture of the back end of your car that you could send me? If so that would be great
Thanks.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Depends on wheel offset

the 87 older vette can use the 17x11 with the 36mm offset (same as ZR1) and not stick out.

on th 88-96 with a 36mm offset they will stick out and you will want a set of GS flares

Or get the 17x11 with the 50mm offset and they will line up to the fender edge

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size tires go on the 17x11's? is it 315/35/17? And just to make sure for the 9.5's ...275/40/17

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help guys. My set of chrome Zr-1s will be delivered friday. I went with the 11's in the back hehehe.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Post Pics!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll post pics but it won't be for a long time. My car is back home and im away at school. Pics won't be here until springtime probably :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
285s fit on 9.5 too. mine came with em. i got a question tho. can i put 11's all the way around my car? besides lookin awsome, what will the effects be? will they fit up front? which offset? i know i need 50 mm offset for the rear right? thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts