Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First big trip in the Corvette and it was great! Left S.C. on Thursday the 23rd of August heading to Carlisle, PA for Corvettes at Carlisle.

Spent 3 great days at Carlisle. Saw so many great Corvettes of every type one could imagine, some I hadn’t even heard of or seen before. Loved the 03 53’s. Loved all the C3’s, saw some great pace cars I had never seen and man, the C1’s and C2’s were awesome and I’ve never seen so many Grand Sport C4’s in one place!

Got sun burned, feet were totally sore from all the walking, and spent way to much money on goodies from all the vendors and swap meet offerings.

Was great getting to see the DC Z and meeting Patrick. Had a great chat with The Torch too. Picked up a bunch of Adams products, although they were out of some stuff the day before the event even began!

Found a great bar in downtown Carlisle called The Market Cross Pub. Had a great bartender named Connie who got me wasted on Young’s Double Chocolate Stouts (a great beer). Made a stop at Pottsville, PA at the Yuengling brewery. Visited 2 great microbrew pubs in Maryland and the West Virginia Brewery in Morgantown, WV. Can tell we had some great (and a lot) beer on the trip?

As for as the Vette on this trip, I reset the MPG before taking off and for the first tank of gas, the Vette got 31.5 MPG. Blew me mind, I didn’t think that was possible. For the entire trip, got an overall MPG of 27.5.

A great trip and great time, all in the Corvette. What more could one ask for!
:cheers:

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Sounds like you had a great trip. I thought it has been quiet for some time around here and then you just had to post :rolleyes:

Nice to see you again :cheers:

When did you get back home?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you had a great trip. I thought it has been quiet for some time around here and then you just had to post :rolleyes:

Nice to see you again :cheers:

When did you get back home?
Got back Sunday and been on the run every evening until this evening. First chance I've had to really get on DC to see what's been happening.

11 days mostly spent driving and loved every mile!

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
Got back Sunday and been on the run every evening until this evening. First chance I've had to really get on DC to see what's been happening.

11 days mostly spent driving and loved every mile!
Cool :thumbsup:

Thanks for swinging into Michigan while you were out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool :thumbsup:

Thanks for swinging into Michigan while you were out :rolleyes:
We were thinking of heading that way to watch a football game, but didn't think it would be worth the trip. Man, were we wrong!! :rolling: :rolling:

·
DC Crew
13,185 Posts
We were thinking of heading that way to watch a football game, but didn't think it would be worth the trip. Man, were we wrong!! :rolling: :rolling:
:nuts: Man am I glad I don't watch college football. That was a bad game :down:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts