Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didn't come up with what I needed, what are you guys with 19" CCW's using for after market brakes & roaters looking for drilled and slotted, pics if you can thanks and :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I dont have ccws but.......

What do you want to upgrade to? Big brakes or just cross drilled\slotted rotors?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking to go a little bigger if I can trying to see what options I have?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Ok

I am not sure if the ccw's are made to fit the big brake kit but i am sure someone can help figure it out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am not sure if the ccw's are made to fit the big brake kit but i am sure someone can help figure it out.

Correct, unless specifically ordered for "big-brake" clearance then they will not work.

-RR

·
Registered
62 Posts
You should contact John at CCW. They can do wheels for big brake packages, but you need to discuss the application / options with him. :cheers:

CHUCK

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
are you still looking cuz i have ccw's and baer big brakes and i can give you some pics if your still looking

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, and ya still looking. Pics would be cool. I should call John & Chip to see what they say, not going to buy new wheels just for the brakes:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Thanks for the replies, and ya still looking. Pics would be cool. I should call John & Chip to see what they say, not going to buy new wheels just for the brakes:cheers: :cheers:
dont worry all you need is a spacer (and longer studs for mine) i have the 505a's but im sure yours are the same size here are some pics

and here is what the front looked like before

·
Registered
31 Posts
C6 Z51 rotors and brackets behind my SP500's.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
You really need to discuss with John or Chip at CCW. Putting in spacers and extended bolts is very tricky. The problem with real "big brakes" is you can't have a very deep lip due to the need for additional offset. They are familiar with all the "big brake kits" out there and can guide you on your pruchase. I have CCW 500A's with full Wilwood big brakes front and rear. It did reduce my lip width but you can't have both and still keep the tires within the fenders.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have decided to go with the Baer Plus not the Plus +2 John at CCW said I would have to add a spacer in the rear with Plus +2's the Plus model is still a two piece brake and zinc washed so they will be lighter and not rust but OEM size.:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks for all the replies guys, I have decided to go with the Baer Plus not the Plus +2 John at CCW said I would have to add a spacer in the rear with Plus +2's the Plus model is still a two piece brake and zinc washed so they will be lighter and not rust but OEM size.:cheers: :cheers:
Unless you race, that is really all you need for stopping power. Enjoy!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not CCW's but...

Brembo

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
CCW 19" 505 with Baer +2 Rotors

Front

Rear +2

This requierd a small modification of the rear OEM caliper.

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts