Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
to me it look's o.k.,i would lower the car to the tire's edge and maybe go one size thinner on the pro-file.probably a 30 series.those look like 35's.but that's just me..:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Too much rim, holmes.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
you know,because there all lowered..:thumbsup:

homey,doncha know me...:laughing:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Homey, how come C5's look good with 19" x 20" ?
bigger car?
longer wheebase?
larger wheel wells?

The 96" wheelbase on the C4's may be the problem. The wheels are too close together.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
I guess I am just a fan of a good ratio of rim:tire.

T

·
0 Posts
Hmmmm.... Me thinks the rims are too big. How about some 18's, Mr. Photochop... hehehe...

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
well I think the 19" wheels on the lowered corvette have a huge hidden advantage....they will allow slightly more clearance under the car when I install my big block conversion/engine swap and allow better traction, plus with the slight extra weight of the 4L80e trans and the big block engine I seriously doubt that lowering the car will be mandatory, besides all most guys will see is the smoke from the tires and tail lights pulling away so fast that there will not be a great amount of time to compare the cars stance

BTW, guys where can I get a good deal on that type of 19" corvette rim or similar 19" rims that will fit a C4 and whats the correct back spacing dimension??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.