Discussion Starter #1
1953 CHEVROLET CORVETTE ROADSTER
LOT #705 - NO RESERVE

COLOR - WHITE
TRANS - AUTO
CYLINDERS - 6
ENGINE SIZE - 235
HORSEPOWER - 150

A piece of American history celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Corvette. This is #227 out of a total production of only 300. This car has been completely restored, frame off and a numbers matching car. This car Top Flighted over 97% with the NCRS. All components are correct, working and fully restored including WonderBar radio and plexiglas side curtains. Painted in lacquer paint with all original materials and fabrics. This car was restored by Houston Corvette Service in Houston, Texas and has been shown only once. Engine block, head, carbs, transmission and all components have correct numbers and are date correct.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If it wasn't for these early cars and the "ground-breaking" they did for the sports car, we wouldn't be here today.

I know of three '53s in Nebraska. One is in a museum in Minden. The other two are located in the Omaha area. One is completely restored and makes it to specialty shows only.

The other is #99. The owner keeps saying he's going to restore it someday. I wish he would. It would be the envy of the Corvette owners around here.

·
Registered
965 Posts
thats my first time ever seeing that car with its top up

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KingJoeJoe said:
thats my first time ever seeing that car with its top up
yeah doesn't look very good with the top up....

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I wonder how much it will sell for....I am gonna guess $125,000!:whip:
i'll guess 200 g's

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sold $210,600

·
Registered
489 Posts
Wow, $200K is high for these.

I think some of the cars that ran through the Barrett-Jackson auction were sold at premium prices that are above and beyond normal market rates... Of course it is a Top Flight 53.

ProTeam has two for sale at $139k and $120k...

http://www.proteam-corvette.com/1955.html

Keith

·
Registered
622 Posts
The seller has some bronze ones........Listing this car with no reserve. He better hope for some really interested buyers. :surprised

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Z06Fiend said:
The seller has some bronze ones........Listing this car with no reserve. He better hope for some really interested buyers. :surprised
In a down economy, I'd never sell anything without a reserve!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts