Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled onto this website while looking for the Fred Gledhill Chevrolet in Wilmington, CA. I understand from the previous threads that it went out of business in 1991.
I am in the process of restoring a Silver Pearl 1965 Corvette, 365 horse big tank (tanker). The car is serial #1491 and was built on the first day after the six week strike ended in 1964, but didn't sell until February 10, 1965. It was probably a cancelled order due to the lenghty delivery time caused by the strike or else it had been ordered for stock and took a while to sell. I acquired it from a man that purchased it in 1972 from the used car lot at which he worked. I have the original warranty book with POP and it shows that a MR. Howard Ferguson of Westminister, CA was the original owner. From some other paperwork I know that his wife's name is Betty and that he was a General Contractor in Gardena, CA. I also have the business phone number but no one has called me back. I have their address and phone number from the time but that seems to be a dead end. Anyone have any thoughts? I saw in one of the posts that the Grandson of Mr. Gledhill was a member of the forum. If he happens to see this, I would appreciate a call. My home number is 479-876-6323. Was The dealership known for stocking and selling performance and race cars?

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Welcome to DC. Good luck on your search. :thumbsup:

You may want to post this information in the C2 section so those "in the know" can see it.

·
Banned
1,633 Posts
:buhbye:Welcome to DC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts