Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Looks like a fun project, and a lot of work, good luck!

Are you sure about the '68? Those are not the right front fenders and gills for a '68. :huh:

·
Registered
855 Posts
I see the frame is a 68 because of lack of diagonal supports in the rear kickup but what year 70-72? is that body? Are you planning on sticking with that body or going back with a 68 style?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Interesting, its a 70 body judging by the rear fenders, exhaust holes, and egg crates on a 68 frame. What does the VIN read?

There is nothing wrong with a mismatched frame/body. Im also curious what you plan to do. I vote radical hot rod. :devil:

Welcome to the site. :cheers:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Id be curious to see if its still got the 68 interior/steering column in it or if it has been changed too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has had a hard life. At some point front and rear clips have been replaced, and then those clips have been damaged. I'll post some more pics so you can see the progress on the replacement of the clips. finished project, well right now it's going to be brite white on the out side. With red interior, possible some kind of red stripes on out side. It is a 4 speed and right now the plan is a blown small block with side pipes and as much tire that we can stuff under it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

After sand blasting the frame, 2 2x3 patches on the frame rails where they kick up for the rear end. Then it was ready for paint. We put epoxy primer on first top coated with Satin Black urethane paint.

After removing the front and rear clips, it got a bath

Restorations, Rods and Customs
1530 Casstown Sidney Rd.
Troy, Ohio 45373
937-339-8229

www.autorestoration1.com

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Looks like some nice work going on there. It would look hot with an LS7 under the hood, including the red fuel rail covers...

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Nice project. What a great shop. Plenty of room
to do whatever you want.
The frame came out great. What are you going to
do with the body? Looks like it will require a lot of
work before paint.

·
Registered
622 Posts
She's come a long way in a short time! :partyon: