Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making good progress in restoring my parents 1968 Roadster. Cleans up pretty nice (see pic). My project yesterday to just remove, recondition and return the headlight switch turned into a full driver side dash removal. What a job that is when some of the parts did not want to be removed the way they were designed to (Light Switch knob shaft did not remove when the release button was pushed, and the key tumbler mechanism did not release as designed with a wire in the release hole, so I had to force the threaded mounting bezel past the cylinder). I did manage to get the dash out and have identified all parts and wiring to go back in, except one. My question with this post is: Where is the steering wheel wiring harness supposed to be supported? Below is a picture of the harness just hanging there. I was looking at that before the dash removal project and I did not see where it was to go.

If anyone knows, and even better, if you have a picture of it properly in place, please let me know.

Thank you,

JohnnyO

Cleaned up nicely with a bit of elbow grease.

Where does the above Steering Wheel harness wiring block belong?

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Start from approx. 14:20 in this vid from Youtube University:

Hope it answers your query.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Binx,

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, the 1968 is substantially different than the video so the mounting of the connector above is not shown.

Best Regards,

JohnnyO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts