Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sounds like a Dragstrip at times Gunny but Better !

All Holy Hell Set Free ! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
Sounds like a Dragstrip at times Gunny but Better !
I saw the car that killed the Can-Am series in person back in the day. All the big blocks were dominated by a 330 cubic inch Porsche. It was installed in one of the meanest sounding cars ever. The 917-30. It also had over 1200 horsepower and some say it had 1500 HP. Porsche just took two flat 6 engines and joined them together making a flat 12. No other cars could compete and the series became boring and people quit going to the races.

And yes, the Can-Am cars did sound like a dragstrip about 30 lanes wide. The golden days of innovation.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw the car that killed the Can-Am series in person back in the day. All the big blocks were dominated by a 330 cubic inch Porsche. It was installed in one of the meanest sounding cars ever. The 917-30. It also had over 1200 horsepower and some say it had 1500 HP. Porsche just took two flat 6 engines and joined them together making a flat 12. No other cars could compete and the series became boring and people quit going to the races.

And yes, the Can-Am cars did sound like a dragstrip about 30 lanes wide. The golden days of innovation.
I heard about that crazy Porshe.

Those Porsches handle like few other cars I have seen.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

3.66 to 4.55 Horsepower per cubic inch....Wow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts