Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get rid of my 1971s clutch fan.
what is the most common eletric fan set up
how much trouble to install

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Tom DeWitts is the histerical best source for the Dual spal setups...

but someone said they got a pair for 200 bux or so off ebay.....

I dunno for sure....not even sure they not a China knockoff....

Tom's are REAL though....

and they work like MAD.....freeking hurry caine under there....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Electric dual spals:thumbsup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I put a Dewits and dual spalls in a members car, worked Great, no problems at all. However I am cheaper than he is, so for me I went with a Northern rad and ebay fans with a DCcontrol for variable speed

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I put a Dewits and dual spalls in a members car, worked Great, no problems at all. However I am cheaper than he is, so for me I went with a Northern rad and ebay fans with a DCcontrol for variable speed
Is it that Spal controller Tom's having troubles with?? and why the controller at ALL,?? I just use a junkyard black square box GM high current relay runs fine....I do have a surge/fuse link in the line, about 2" long though...

I understand from some wiring issues with a aftermarket controller guy, over 'there' that there exists another variable speed fan controller....is that what you have??? how does it work???..I presume it's PWM design...

·
Registered
738 Posts
Is it that Spal controller Tom's having troubles with?? and why the controller at ALL,?? I just use a junkyard black square box GM high current relay runs fine....I do have a surge/fuse link in the line, about 2" long though...

I understand from some wiring issues with a aftermarket controller guy, over 'there' that there exists another variable speed fan controller....is that what you have??? how does it work???..I presume it's PWM design...
Yea, I got the PWM controller from Baskin over on CF
I hooked it up with my fans, battery and charger and went thru some hot water testing, seemed to work pretty good. I went ahead and poped for it because I like the soft start and variable speed. No other reason, I was all set to hook it up with relays since I had a box of them, oh well, next project, LOL

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Yea, I got the PWM controller from Baskin over on CF
I hooked it up with my fans, battery and charger and went thru some hot water testing, seemed to work pretty good. I went ahead and poped for it because I like the soft start and variable speed. No other reason, I was all set to hook it up with relays since I had a box of them, oh well, next project, LOL
You recall my issue was with his harness wiring practices, pulling an unprotected heavy wire off the battery post, etc, instead off the alt direct....

which way did you wire it??

·
Registered
738 Posts
You recall my issue was with his harness wiring practices, pulling an unprotected heavy wire off the battery post, etc, instead off the alt direct....

which way did you wire it??
Terminal block off the alt, with everything else

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Terminal block off the alt, with everything else
Yeh, I thought of that approach back in 01, when the car was down for a custom rewire....ohwell....never did it, that was before HB and so many other mods I didn't find any place to create such an animal...

but then again, it's not a aircraft....flys too lo and slo....

:laughing: :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts