Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally took time to sort out my wonky headlights. The order was off left to right, have all new wiring and I was sure I had that right. I went back to factory sealed beams to get everything working correctly then I'll worry abt mods. Long story short, position of the cups is important and at least on my car will only work properly one way. Using Napa 5001 low beams, Napa 5006 high beams the titties/nipples/tits 馃 on the back of the bulbs require the position of the cups to be DACB on my car. As this was a bit irritating to sort out and required me to pull the bulbs and buckets out and put everything on the floor in front of the car, I thought I'd share and hopefully save someone else the aggravation.

Now to figure out if there is a viable LED assembly that can be retrofitted that actually focuses the light properly and has better long range visibility.

DC PIT CREW BOSS
You sure have done a lot to it over the years(y)

Reactions: slofut

Premium Member
Well I finally took time to sort out my wonky headlights. The order was off left to right, have all new wiring and I was sure I had that right. I went back to factory sealed beams to get everything working correctly then I'll worry abt mods. Long story short, position of the cups is important and at least on my car will only work properly one way. Using Napa 5001 low beams, Napa 5006 high beams the titties/nipples/tits 馃 on the back of the bulbs require the position of the cups to be DACB on my car. As this was a bit irritating to sort out and required me to pull the bulbs and buckets out and put everything on the floor in front of the car, I thought I'd share and hopefully save someone else the aggravation.

Now to figure out if there is a viable LED assembly that can be retrofitted that actually focuses the light properly and has better long range visibility.
It was the same thing on my 81. I didn't notice that the cups were different, somehow I discovered it before I got everything together! They are slightly different and will drive you crazy. I'll be watching for the LED conversion as I'm contemplating an upgrade as well.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I haven't been on here in a while I know but I've still been working on the vette. But even better, lately I've been driving it! Today after I got the headlights sorted, the tire store across the street called to say my new Riken tires were in, got my new REV 17inch Ralley wheels a couple weeks ago and I took 'em over to have the tires mounted. Went with 255/50-17 front and rear, mounted them straight on, no spacers, wheels have a 4.5in backspace. They work with no more front wheelwell contact than the orig 225/60-15. I have 1.25in adapters I may try just to see how they work. But so far a very smooth tight ride. Good to see you guys here again.

Premium Member
Thanks guys, I haven't been on here in a while I know but I've still been working on the vette. But even better, lately I've been driving it! Today after I got the headlights sorted, the tire store across the street called to say my new Riken tires were in, got my new REV 17inch Ralley wheels a couple weeks ago and I took 'em over to have the tires mounted. Went with 255/50-17 front and rear, mounted them straight on, no spacers, wheels have a 4.5in backspace. They work with no more front wheelwell contact than the orig 225/60-15. I have 1.25in adapters I may try just to see how they work. But so far a very smooth tight ride. Good to see you guys here again.
Slofut, good to hear! I drove about 50 miles one way today for a car show. I now have right at 300 miles on mine, no significant problems so far!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Slofut, good to hear! I drove about 50 miles one way today for a car show. I now have right at 300 miles on mine, no significant problems so far!
That's great Zimmie. I have completely fallen in love with LS motors. This car essentially starts and drives like a new, late model car. Fires off instantly whether it's been sitting a week or I just got out of it. With the minimal suspension mods I did it feels like a late model car, corners very flat and handles well. It's a joy to drive, I prob have close to a thousand miles on it now. My ecm outputs a very low tach signal, won't drive the tach even with a 1k resistor, but I don't like the idea of putting a dc voltage on the tach pin of the ecu so that's on my short list to finish up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts