Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an interesting email today from a Corvette owner. Here's what they said.

"my car is i have a 69 lemans blue in and out 350/350 4-speed numbers car. It has this on the console, second it has a lot of modies to body but no info. Only info I know is it was like this at least 73 on modies so at that time don't know any info about it before 73. This plague bothers me. It was on there when bought in 73 till today. Here is a look, can you give me any info. My dad said it may have been a vintage car for the lemans in 72 as a clone but the front clip was damaged in 78 and the car was placed in storage. Then the clip got taken off and replaced in 90 with a elkers not right but later the old man found a clip more to the style of the early 69-74 that is a little rough but can be fixed by a fiberglass guy i know. To get it back to vintage look. can you give me any info"

Anyone has any info on this. I know there were several Corvettes in the 1972 Le Mans.

#4 North American Racing Team (Finished 15th overall)
#29 Greder Racing Team (DNF)
#71 Ecurie Léopard (DNF)
#72 John Greenwood Racing (DNF)
#28 John Greenwood Racing (DNF)

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
He had a thread on the form here concerning his Lemans plaque and other questions. It isn't stock. I've never seen one before and do not know the origin of it. I am guessing it could have originated with Greeonwood Enterprises back in the day, but that would be only a guess.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
85 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts