Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've been looking all over the net and wasn't able to find my car in diecast model.

Did they every made any 1:18 diecast of Corvettes from 1974 -1977 body style?

I wish I could get my car but can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i have about 600 die casts corvettes and the closet to 74-77 they made is 1978 models by UT, UT is now owned by autoart and they made a pace car which is rare and over 150.00 if you can find one. they also made a silver ann red, silver, yellow and black. also some 82 models out there. the only 74 model you will find is a GM plastic promo and they are 1/24 scale and a 1974 came in orange and 1 other color but they will run you over 200.00 on ebay and they are only a plastic AMT model kit. hope this helps you out in your search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have about 600 die casts corvettes and the closet to 74-77 they made is 1978 models by UT, UT is now owned by autoart and they made a pace car which is rare and over 150.00 if you can find one. they also made a silver ann red, silver, yellow and black. also some 82 models out there. the only 74 model you will find is a GM plastic promo and they are 1/24 scale and a 1974 came in orange and 1 other color but they will run you over 200.00 on ebay and they are only a plastic AMT model kit. hope this helps you out in your search.
yes it helps me alot. I'll stop looking. lol . I'll have to wait till they make some. One day they will probably produce them. every year they come out with new models.

I'll just have to be patient and wait.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
This is an era that is not well represented in the diecast world. I have a 1969 AA Corvette and I have a pre-order for a 1970 white AA Corvette pending. The next year I have been able to find is 1978, thus a 8 year gap in models.

We also need some high end (AA) C4s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
collecting models of Corvettes

I am collecting representative models of each year of corvette made. Since some full-sized models were almost identical (1970-1972) and I've only been able to find 1/18 die-casts for 1970 and not 1971 or 1972, I simply bought three 1970 models and made the slight changes to make two of them representations of '71 and '72. For some of the other years, I had to go with 1/24 and a few of them are the plastic, dealer models.

Still, I've been collecting for years and am now only missing a few years--including 1974. I've seen the Danbury Mint ones, but right now on ebay the one for sale is almost $400!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts