Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week ago my hood release cable broke, and its been driving me nuts to use the "screwdriver method" because i dont have small enough hands, anyways I managed to get the passenger side latch to open by getting underneath the car and pulling the crossover cable. Any ideas on getting the drivers side open on a 1975 Corvette ?? thanks

or does anyone have any/can get any detailed pictures of their hood latch on their 75 vette ? ie: close up pictures, thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
problem with that is that picture is of a '78 vette, so it doesnt show where it is on my car? unless its the same but it does say this
In an emergency, you can push a long screwdriver through these plugs on 1968-76 models and flip the hood latches forward enough to release them. On 1977-82 models, the hood latches may be tripped by prying the drivers side latch lever to the outside.
I've tried both ways and i havent been able to do it yet....Thats why i am asking if anyone has a close up picture of their 75 hood release latch, because mine looks nothing like the '78 picture on that website...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[email protected] , thanks itd be greatly appreciated, that way atleast i'd have an idea of waht i am trying to poke at

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot :D that clarifies things ALOT, heh that picture diagram on that one site is useless lol, i had no idea what i am goin for, i gave a quick shot when i got the picture but now i know what i am goin for, thanks again :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
there is anouther more extreme waw to open the Hood remove front grill using a open end wrench and a flash light blindly reach up and losten two hood hinge bolts on each side this will allow the hood to pivit enought to hopefully open ,but then you half to realign hood.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOO HOO, thanks alot man, that really cleared things up i got it open :partyon: not to check my frost/core plug. Its leaking all its water by the starter .......... soooo first step complete, thanks :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts