Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since all who reads this forum now knows the visual difference between a '70 & a '71 (thanks mapman) I would like to know how to tell if you are looking at a '75 or a '76. I know that a '74 has a slpit bumper & in '77 the car no longer had the "stingray" on the fenders...so how can I tell a '75 from a '76??

:nuts:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Chrome Bumpered 74..WTF?

Sorry bro..no split chrome bumpers on a 74 vette, the 73' was the last year to wear chrome bumpers..(rear only). As the idea was to convert the 73' to polyurethane bumpers front and back..the front was ready only..hence, the chrome rear bumpers on the 73'. The following year the 74 wore both front and rear polyurethane bumpers.

My bad bro..I see the "split bumber" , thought you ment chrome split bumper...my apologies...heh!

·
Registered
68 Posts
75 or 76

75 was the last year for verts...76 went to T-Tops strictly. Now I am not saying that there are not any custom verts out there post 76, because I have seen some myself. But from factory stand point no more verts and they started with the catalytic converters in 76. Irony? Traded convertables in 75 for converters in 76!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks all...gotta go check a vette I have been looking at for a while...was never exactly sure if it was a 75 or a 76 though
later heh...lmao

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: Chrome Bumpered 74..WTF?

81' VetteGuy said:
... The following year the 74 wore both front and rear polyurethane bumpers...
And GM still didn't have it right until '75. That's why the '74 model has the vertical seam in the rear bumper cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts