Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else installed the LED bubble tail lights? I di and they work fine but I am unhappy with them because of no reverse light.
I see LED set for 68-73 that have LED with reverse but not the later C3 models. What do you do for reverse lights?
Is there a set that exist for a 1979 model that has a set of reverse lights?

Thanks
Billy

·
Registered
251 Posts
No they dont make a set for our year. you can get an led lic plate at connect the back up to that.. im having the same issues myself.. i want the 68+72 sets.. but just may have to go the 2 brakes and the back up

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can you hide a small driving light under the back of the car for the reverse lights? They're so much brighter than a 1057 bulb you can basically point em at the ground and will still bounce enough light around to work.

Now will local inspectors call that a reverse light? Or will they care? I dunno.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
there ARE alternatives ;) you can get (jeep?) taillights that are LED, i dont remember the exact size but they fit nicely and there are some pretty cool ones (unless you want the stock look)

here are the old ones i had:

the new ones i made butchering my stock lights:

the reason iwent with the newer ones is because they're exactly what i was looking for ;) check out these 2 videos, theyre the 2 different ways the lights can flash ;) :
(click on it)

and

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those jeep lights and videos were cool. I never thought looking elsewhere. Anyway, I already have the bubble lights in so the reverse plate seems like a good option but I had been looking for one but have not been able to locate. Anyone know a place to get one and I assume it uses the same type connectors we have? I did find a led strip of white lights with the connectors but would require me to notch out a spot and I was hoping to avoid that. Seems to be a large enough issue there must be a solution out there. The original lights are just so dim.
Appreciate the suggestions, any others or idea on where to find that reverse light plate?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Really if light output is the goal hidden driving lights are the way to go. I do it to street pickups that pull trailers yet are too cool for visibile auxilary lights. Puts out plenty of light for hooking up a trailer at night. Be sure to get wide beams not pencil beams.

Have seen some super small motorcycle driving lights, like inch diameter. Wonder if you could integrate a pair into the top corners of license frame?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice idea with motorcycle lights at license frame. Goal is not as much for light but to alert other people that I am in reverse. Since not having them I have noticed how much people look for them when say in parking lots. Light output is a nice bonus.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
When is c3fever.com coming online? Showed under construction.
i think i'll have time to put it back up tomorrow :) i have a day off from my dayjob so ill give it a new look (wasnt digging the old look much lol)

·
Registered
978 Posts
i think i'll have time to put it back up tomorrow :) i have a day off from my dayjob so ill give it a new look (wasnt digging the old look much lol)
Mr.Marchuck, can you post more info on the second set of lights you posted....the ones in the video. Id really like to do that, they look sweet!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Mr.Marchuck, can you post more info on the second set of lights you posted....the ones in the video. Id really like to do that, they look sweet!

dont want to Hijack this thread but it should be on my site tomorrow this time ;) ive gotta rearrange my office (and clean it) which means my computer will be offline for the next couple hours :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
dont want to Hijack this thread but it should be on my site tomorrow this time ;) ive gotta rearrange my office (and clean it) which means my computer will be offline for the next couple hours :)
Gotcha. I dont think I even knew you had a site... Ill check it out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
also for the backup, you can get this license plate light:

and just mount it to the top of the license plate area so its pointing back instead of up. these are really bright and should be plenty ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
also for the backup, you can get this license plate light:

and just mount it to the top of the license plate area so its pointing back instead of up. these are really bright and should be plenty ;)
I Just purchased one of these on flea bay 10.00 shipped

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I Just purchased one of these on flea bay 10.00 shipped
not bad :) yeah i had it on my vette because i didnt feel like cutting a hole in the bumper for the light (Vanacor bumper) and so i put that but its REALLY bright, almost looks like underbody lighting lol:cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts