Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking great blueday - one of my favs for the 78 thru 82 C3's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's what I've gathered as well.

BlueDay, we need more pics!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Looks great, I am guessing if you had to do it all over again you wouldn't use Classic Auto Air?
Since both va or caa don't have kits for my 79. The caa system was very easy to put in (could've been easier if c3 parts were utilized where possible). The poor customer service, incomptent salesmen and cheesy controller speaks a lot. Everything I've read about va, they have good customer care a lot of information already out there, multiple controller options. The caa does seem to work just fine now that it's functioning. It'll just about freeze you out in low.

That said I'd print probably give the va a try.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

·
Registered
8 Posts
Infinitereality

I need someone to video the car too. Or just borrow your drone.
Why not both?! I'll be needing someone to do the same as well, we'll have to plan an afternoon in a month or so and do just that. I'm still disappointed we never did something similar when we both had white WS6s

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Since both va or caa don't have kits for my 79. The caa system was very easy to put in (could've been easier if c3 parts were utilized where possible). The poor customer service, incomptent salesmen and cheesy controller speaks a lot. Everything I've read about va, they have good customer care a lot of information already out there, multiple controller options. The caa does seem to work just fine now that it's functioning. It'll just about freeze you out in low.

That said I'd print probably give the va a try.

FWIW, I went with VA in my 81. As mentioned above they do not make a kit for the late C3's, but the guys at VA recommended buying the kit for the 74 - 76 (I think it was). Even though there were several pieces I didn't use, there were others that came in handy after a little modification. VA also put together a "custom" kit for me that included a different controller instead of the one made for the 74-76. It actually fit pretty well, I'd say the thorniest problem was the 2 vents above the console. I wound up making my own "adapter" by vacuum forming some ABS plastic. There are many different ways to connect them but I wasn't comfortable with the way you have to wad up everything to get the vents connected. So far, everytime I've called them they have been more than helpful. In my post, the VA installation starts on page 4 post 46. When I get ready to install everything on the engine side of the firewall I'll try to document that as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the idea of the GTO ram air, but I'm not sold on the super short intake. With the other popular option being the engine bay 90, has anyone considered an intercooler? Put the filter in the front driver side of the engine bay, pipe out in front of the radiator, throughan intercooler, back into the bay on passenger side and then into the intake? I don't know anything about intercoolers and how much they can actually drop temps and I have never seen anyone put one on N/A. Just LS Swap dreaming.

121 - 128 of 128 Posts