Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right foot is getting extremly hot while drive car is this normal or should i be under my car checking the headers. feels like the heater is on but it isn't.:lookinup:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Take the front carpets and seats out and dynamat the tunnel and floorpans. You will also be able to check to see if the floorpans (steel) are rusted. I dynamated the interior and gonna do the doors also. I also bought what is called "Carpet Boots from Ecklers. 79 bucks and they slip in and can be taken out for cleaning. Just that will eliminate any heat from the tranny and engine. Also pop the hood when you are driving it. That will eliminate much heat to the cockpit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea big2bird

the car did just go thur emmissions test she is most likely running lean i will take a look at this. still might need some of that dyno matting under the carpet too.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
if i pop the hood won't it fly off the car ?
Only my opinion. The hood opens backwards, there might be a high pressure area at the windshield but I don't believe it will be enough to cause the hood to fly up. Now if you wind up going backward at 70 MPH, you might get the hood to fly up.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I been driving mine like that for almost 5 yrs now and it never flew off. And the engine is hotter than a microwave on fry mode with it unlatched. Hot air rises so as it hits the front ducts the fresh air pushes the hot air towards the windshield instead, keepin the motor cooler. When I got it the guy who had it before musta never popped the hood after driving it, therefore causing bubbles on the back side of the hood. Had to strip the damn paint off with a razor to it was so badly bubbled. First thing I do after a run, pop the hood. I assure you I am not the only C3 owner who leaves the hood unlatched. There is no way it can come up moving forward. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I been driving mine like that for almost 5 yrs now and it never flew off. And the engine is hotter than a microwave on fry mode with it unlatched. Hot air rises so as it hits the front ducts the fresh air pushes the hot air towards the windshield instead, keepin the motor cooler. When I got it the guy who had it before musta never popped the hood after driving it, therefore causing bubbles on the back side of the hood. Had to strip the damn paint off with a razor to it was so badly bubbled. First thing I do after a run, pop the hood. I assure you I am not the only C3 owner who leaves the hood unlatched. There is no way it can come up moving forward. :cheers:
My concern is not the hood "flying off." My concern lies with an unlatched hood it an accident. The hinges will not hold it. Therefore, it might end up going thru the windshield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts