Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys. We have done so many of these but it has been a while so right as we were lifting the body I grabbed my phone and made this video..

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,676 Posts
That's cool

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys. We have done so many of these but it has been a while so right as we were lifting the body I grabbed my phone and made this video..

Can you explain more about what you did up front to lift the body off with the front bumper still attached?

I have been advised not to do it this way as leaving the crash bar and bumper still attached is allot of weight hanging off the front and there’s a chance of flexing / breaking so I am told

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Glad to see your new thread! I have watched the post by Autowiz many times since it was first posted. I went back and closely watched it again and noticed that the crash bar was not visible on the frame or hanging from the body. Maybe it was removed while the body was still on? I never tried to because it looked like you would have to remove so much stuff that you might as well take the cover off first. And I am still very concerned about the weight. I've been in on replacing/regluing the front end components and it's definitely not a walk in the park.

But Autowiz knows his business, so I'm curious about the bumper thing too.

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello. It sure is a lot of weight in the nose with everything there and in place. And I do not want to encourage any of you guys to start letting your bodies hang like that. We will use a post jack to support the weight of it once it is in the air. We will make a quick inspection for cracks in key areas or signs of fiberglass repair from an accident before we lift the body with the weight in the nose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts