Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1981 corvette headlights were working perfectly with no problems. I took the dash board and all the electronics apart to replace the dash and when I put the new dash in and reconnected the parts. The headlights came up and will not go down even with the button pushed all the way in. And the windshield wipers constantly slightly move, but not all the way. Any ideas, thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I found this link when I had probems with my headlights. Its pretty complicated, but I think you might have disconnected a portion of the system by mistake.

Maybe you can help me since we have the same year. I posted recently about a intake manifold gasket replacement. Have you replaced yours at all? Any leaks? Thanks.

Here is the link.

http://www.corvette-101.com/

Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link

i appreciate the help, but i've never replaced an intake manifold gasket. i'm sure someone on here can help you out. i'll check out that link, thanks again.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My 1981 corvette headlights were working perfectly with no problems. I took the dash board and all the electronics apart to replace the dash and when I put the new dash in and reconnected the parts. The headlights came up and will not go down even with the button pushed all the way in. And the windshield wipers constantly slightly move, but not all the way. Any ideas, thanks.
Sounds like you reconnected the vacuum lines incorrectly. They are a specific order with the headlight switch and the bypass control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not taking it as a smart ass comment. i don't really know alot about the headlight vacuums. the bypass switch is the switch under the steering wheel right? how is it supposed to be positioned?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Bypass switch should be pushed up into the dash. It could have been opened during disassembly or assembly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm, nope, i checked the switched and its in the position its supposed to be in. might have to end up taking it to a corvette shopped and paying them $250 to do a job that takes 3 seconds lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts