Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. havent been on here in a long time. sort of a new member. done with college and still on the job hunt so i have time to spend on the vette. i have been dealing with a broken window switch all summer. only works sparatically. my chiltons manual does not show me a clear way to get into the center console around the shifter and the switches. does anyone have a link to or know of a diagram so i can take the center console apart?

thanks for the help! any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, but whats AIM?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Assembly Instruction Manual. AIMs were used by the employees on the assembly line to put the cars together. Shows just about eveything involved with assembling a Corvette. All the aftermarket providers carry the AIMs and they're available on ebay. Order one.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Got mine on eBay for $20. Showed me how to get the inner door panels off without tearing them apart!:laughing:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i got in there and was fixing the switches...but of course i broke a silly part.:rolleyes: its the plastic dial piece that attaches to the shifter and then has the white pin that sticks out and points to PRN312

who knows where im gonna find that

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
found it in mid america. guess im not the only bozo who snapped that brittle thing

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Great thing about these older Vette... almost any part you need is available. Heck, between MidAmerica, Zip and Echlers you can practically build a complete car.

I repaired the speaker retainers on my C-3... probably spent several hours drilling and making brackets to repair the old broken plastic pieces.... only then do I discover that Echlers even has those...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts