Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just picked up an original jack, wheelbrace and hold down spring for my 81. (mine were all missing) Has anyone got any pictures of how it should all be stowed away? Can't work out how it should be done using the spring without it all banging about. Maybe I have something else missing.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
68-79 shown; 80-82 are silimlar.

Jacking instructions label on the compartment door should show the jack storage. If memory serves, it's also in the owner's manual.

Jack handle should slide into the base of the jack. It has an anti-rattle cushion on the lug nut end.

Lift out storage tray goes over the jack.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 6880 Mike. I appreciate you taking the time to do that! I have assembly and factory workshop manuals, but no drivers. the only stickers in compartment are the ones showing how to jack car up. Your photo sorts out another puzzle!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are no Vettes anywhere near me to have a quick look at. Probably looked a stupid question to see on this web-site? but Just wanted to make sure I had the right jack and see what it stowed away like.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
interesting topic,do all years have the compartment cover?my 79 is missing and i dont think it has the hold down spring.OH WELL more stuff to add to the list.:thumbsup::D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shows how good the DC site is! Theres only three people involved in this subject. 6880 Mike, Shipy59 and myself. Look at where we all come from. The U.S.A. Australia, and the U.K. Shows what a following Corvettes have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts