Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where on a 1982 Corvette, would the computer be located?

Also, in regards to the computer harness, what does it control?

Obviously the sensors and injectors, but are there any engine sensors on that same harness? What about alternator?

I'm buying a used computer and harness, but I want to know where to tell the seller to look for the harness, and computer, and what the computer harness controls.

Thanks, :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The computer is located in the battery box and mounted against the bulkhead behind the seat and battery where you have to stand on your head to get it out. There is a mounting plate that the computer attaches to. There are 2 computer connections that attach the computer to the harness which goes through the trans tunnel. A complete list of things it controls I cant supply but some items are. Fuel pump relay, injectors, reads oil pressure sensor, trans lockup, MAP sensor, Idle air control motors, check engine light, 02 sensor and Im sure some other stuff Ive forgotten. I dont think the computer has any control or input from the alternator but not certain about that.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The computer is located in the battery box and mounted against the bulkhead behind the seat and battery where you have to stand on your head to get it out. There is a mounting plate that the computer attaches to. There are 2 computer connections that attach the computer to the harness which goes through the trans tunnel. A complete list of things it controls I cant supply but some items are. Fuel pump relay, injectors, reads oil pressure sensor, trans lockup, MAP sensor, Idle air control motors, check engine light, 02 sensor and Im sure some other stuff Ive forgotten. I dont think the computer has any control or input from the alternator but not certain about that.

Great information. Thanks,

Does anyone know if both harness connected to the computer control the engine / fuel injection or is one of them for other purposes?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts