Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first post but I've been a member on the forum for a few years. FYI, I think you guys and gals are the BEST at answering the endless number of questions concerning the C4.

My question is in regards to repairing the front spoiler on an '84 C4. I'm a little confused on what parts I need to replace...to be honest, I'm not certain what it's supposed to look like. Here's a picture of mine:

The green arrows point out the parts that are cracked that I think I need to replace. I see the three piece spoiler kits for sale; however, I think I need to replace more than just those pieces. Any and all help is appreciated!

Scott

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Depending on how the outter spoilers are you might just beable to replace the center section. You can get that at most of the parts houses. I don't know what the painted part is called but I have a good one from my car you can have for $25 plus shipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The outer spoilers are in good shape so I think all need is the middle section. However, I think I need to replace the piece that the middle spoiler is bolted to (mine is torn - second green arrow on picture). Would you be interested in selling that piece as well? I definitely want the piece you mentioned...send me a pm to let me know the best way to pay you. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
i know money is tight for everyone today but mid america has a neat spoiler package with hoses to cool off the brakes...i bought one but as yet have not installed it. (in 2002). still sitting there. i think this would look good also.

just an FYI.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@raidmagic - Thanks for looking!

@oldace 84 - I saw that spoiler with the brake cooling ducts...it looks pretty neat! Let me know how you like it after it's installed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just replaced the center spoiler on my 88. The one I got was an upgrade from the original and it included a vertical steel center brace about 4 inches long. I had to drill a hole in the crossbar to mount the spoiler using the brace and it worked out better than the original. Makes the spoiler more rigid and not prone to sagging with age and abuse. I was told that the original center spoiler now only comes that way however aftermarket replacements may be different still. Easy to replace and definitely improves the look of the car from the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts