Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first time posting, I've had a few Corvettes over the years and still have two currently. My question today is, can the blue key chime module simply be unhooked without any effect on other systems? The key chime has started dinging all the time even when the car is off and the doors and lights off, I pulled the ctsy fuse to shut it off but I lost my dome lights by doing so. This car has a carburetor conversion with aftermarket gauge cluster and is really just a toy, I'm just not sure if I can just unplug the module and go because I don't care about the chime working, but I like having some lights. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Hi guys first time posting, I've had a few Corvettes over the years and still have two currently. My question today is, can the blue key chime module simply be unhooked without any effect on other systems? The key chime has started dinging all the time even when the car is off and the doors and lights off, I pulled the ctsy fuse to shut it off but I lost my dome lights by doing so. This car has a carburetor conversion with aftermarket gauge cluster and is really just a toy, I'm just not sure if I can just unplug the module and go because I don't care about the chime working, but I like having some lights. Thanks in advance.
Find the module & open it .
Cut the speaker wires.
Reinstall.

Lighting module is separate on early C4 Corvettes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts