Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanting to swap out my Stock front Y pipe header exhaust it is a 1986I want to put a 1985 Front Y pipe and a fully bolt on type 1985 Main Cat from a 1985 will this bolt up to my 1986 rear Y pipe.

Also will it clear everything in front like stock 1986 did.

I can order a Y pipe for a 1985 with out precats in Ca but I can't order a Y pipe with out pre cats for a 1986 in Ca.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Yes it should but my $1200 system was supposed to bolt up to my "stock style" mufflers and it didn't so purchase at your own risk.:laughing:

·
Registered
597 Posts
yea i have also learned that not everything that they say will fit will actually fit. if they do you are lucky. but since you are staying with stock parts you should be ok. i dont think they changed anything with the exhaust from 85 to 86.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I wanting to swap out my Stock front Y pipe header exhaust it is a 1986I want to put a 1985 Front Y pipe and a fully bolt on type 1985 Main Cat from a 1985 will this bolt up to my 1986 rear Y pipe.

Also will it clear everything in front like stock 1986 did.

I can order a Y pipe for a 1985 with out precats in Ca but I can't order a Y pipe with out pre cats for a 1986 in Ca.
double check on the converter flanges- I've heard that some in these years come with either the ball flange or the squared bolt together like on 84.
If you are going this route I'd suggest getting the 3 inch front y pipe .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts