Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my debris screen. It's made out of 1/4" hardware cloth. I fastened the bottom to the center spoiler using the center spoiler bolts. The top of the screen is zip tied to the front crossmember tie bar. I fastened the bottom first, then when I tied up the top of the screen, I was able to raise the spoiler about 1/2". I could have gone up more but as you can see, it's facing upwards enough, maybe too much, hence the running hot problem. I don't have too many problems anymore w/ inclined driveways. ;)

Anyone know why there would be a square cut out on the underside of my front bumper?

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick!! :smokin:

Here's another photo, this one of the Lower Radiator Support w/ the holes I drilled in there to let water drain out from between the radiator and condensor. I still haven't taken the upper support off to check in between the two yet but a visual from under and front shows nothing has gotten past the screen yet. I pounded on the lower support to see if I can hear anything and I heard nothing. :cool:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Save weight :rolling:

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmmmmmmmm i want to do that tooo !! :)
there so much garbage on the streets here :S i hit gettin on my knees or laying on the floor and keep cleaning it out :spanked:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm giving this a TTT b/c I have new information. :thumbsup:

I took the air filter housing off of the upper radiator support over the weekend. When you remove that and the 2 screws that clip to the support on the 87, you can view in between the radiator and condensor using the holes for the screws. I got the Mag Lite and looked around and all I saw in there was a few dead flys stuck to the radiator and a couple weed stems (not grass blades) stuck in the condensor. That was all that got past the debris screen since last December.

This mod really WORKS!! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts