Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my antenna stopped retracting the other day but I can still hear the antenna motor going on and off. My question is, has anybody recently used the mast repair kit for the Harada antenna? Is it an easy repair?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just did it yesterday its an easy fix, two screws at bottom, one with ground wire then another ground wire towards the top of the assembly and it will drop down where you can peel back the rubber cover and remove the housing cover wich has 3 screws and nut in the middle you have to take off to take out the rest of the broken mast, just make sure you place the 2 washers back the way they came off before putting cover back on and you should be ready to go, the kit will come with instructions, you just need to jack up car so you can reach up in the back fender well to get to stuff it was fairly simple.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I didnt have to drop the muff. I have a single chamber flowmaster with a chrome tip, I dont believe you would have too since at rear of car but you can lie down and just look up with flash light the space is alittle limited but not to cramped up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Elrod, it's a nice day up here so I took a crack at the antenna mast replacement this morning. I'm not done, but I did get the antenna motor down and openned it up. I do see what you are talking about in regards to the two washers, thanks. I think tuesday, I'll try to finish up the job. Did you have to take the white plastic gear out in order to get the old broken antenna pieces out?

On another note, the website that I ordered the mast kit from did not include directions, so I guess I'll wing it. :huh:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes your gonna need take cover off to retrieve the rest of the broken mast, and just remember to have someone with you so they can turn the radio on and off so you can feed the new mast into the housing, it might take few tries but you will see how it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts