Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ...Newbie here on the forum...Really have enjoyed reading all the past posts and have found many an informative information! Glad there are forums such as this. I bought a 1990 Convertible with the L98 of course and have really enjoyed the heck out of it since purchasing last year. I almost always turn my own wrenches on all the muscle cars I have owned and can usually figure out what may be causing a problem when one arises. I have started having an intermintent problem as of lately with the digital dash blinking in and out. What happens is that I start to hear a clicking noise coming from what seems to be the passenger side of the dash. Then the digital readout starts blinking and fading in and out, The background light stays at full bright(amber) but the black digital readouts blink out. The mechanical gauges remain functional as well as no performance problems ie: exceleration/idle. The radio works fine as well while enduring what seems to be like I am passing through a Bermuda Triangle! It comes and goes but seems to be reoccuring more often now. I have checked the battery and it has good voltage as well as reserve capacity. What I suspect is that I have a corroded ground somewhere...My question is...The clicking in the passenger side if the dash....Is there some sort of voltage regulator or transformer there that could be going bad? If anyone here may have an answer...It would be helpful before going through the electrical looking for a bad ground.... Does such a component exist within the dash which could be the culprit? Thanks for Looking....Mike

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Usually blinking dash issues are ground related. Not the most fun thing to search for but is most likely your issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts