Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 Corvette Convertible and the tachometer seems to indicate about 300% in error. My tach on the instrument cluster reads 2100 RPM's at idle and my OBD I scanner reads 700 RPM's. Is there a fix for this problem or a common cause.

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
hey, atleast your rev limiter would kick in at about 8,000 RPM's according to your tach.. :D

seriously tho, is their a way you could reprogram it, try un hookin the battery for 10 mins and let everything reset and see if that fixes..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try it. In 1990 the guages in the instrument panel went back to Analog, the only digital readout is fuel guage, speedometer, and odometer. Would the diconection of the battery reset analog guages? I have heard that the 1990 & 1991 Vettes have a common problem with the tach's, but have not heard of a fix yet.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
There is a thread here somewhere about this and I am having trouble finding it. There is a fix for this hang in there. If I can't find the thread I'm sure that someone that is smarter than I will help out.:laughing:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate it if you can find that thread. I did a search in the C4 Technical area and found nothing on it. I hope that there is a fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts