Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a bit laughable, be interesting where the author of the book came up with the dollar amount.

I took a picture of it a while back, it's from one of those Corvette coffee-table books.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The article implies that it was available, it never said "here was the price it's going to be - but they never made any".

T

·
0 Posts
Seems like a couple of years ago, someone found one minus engine and sort of crushed in Germany. The frame was OK so they were going to restore it. I remember reading about it, but never heard anything again.

But that may be from the days when I was flat out pissed at Chevrolet for abandoning the C4 and building the C5.

I know, I know; but I don't buy anything just because of some words or symbols on the hood... Now an LT5 vert would be flat out kool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those wheels!

I don't know about you guys, but I really like those wheels on "The Mean Machine". I'd rather of seen those as standard on base models from '91 to '96 than those bland turbines.:partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Those wheels!

Jay96Coll.Ed said:
I don't know about you guys, but I really like those wheels on "The Mean Machine". I'd rather of seen those as standard on base models from '91 to '96 than those bland turbines.:partyon:
:agree:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mean Machine wheels

I noticed the Corvette emblem in the center of those. I wonder if they are a GM designed wheel? If so, I can't believe they didn't go with them. At least on a Later model ZR1 or the GrandSport. The recessed, angled spokes give the wheels a more authorative style in my opinion. By the way everyone, I love this site!
I can't wait to get some real info on the C6.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
raidmagic said:
Is it just me or are the 84 to 87 the worst wheels made for Corvettes?:(
I totally agree. The wheels were the first change on my '87 when I had it. The stock wheels lasted a couple of weeks.

Hmm, take off the top and the rear glass, cut the bar off and voila a convertible ZR1. See real simple :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts