Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone! I have a question. My '91 Vette has the Delco/Bose Gold stereo. It turns on (as in, it has power) but the CD player and cassette do not work (won't allow me to insert one in). The display only shows 1:00, that never changes. I can press the presets, nothing happens, try to change the time, nothing happens. The antenna does not come up either. Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be best just to put in an aftermarket stereo? If I do put an aftermarket stereo in, do I have to do anything with the CDM? I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks, Matt

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
I'm thinking that changing out the Bose would be the best answer if you are intending to keep the car because there have been enormous advancements in car audio systems in the past 26 years.
For me replacing the Bose is next on my hit list. I have already removed a working FX3 in favour of new non adjustable Bilstein shocks, recovered my sport seats without the switches and bladders and threw away the huge strap type tire pressure monitors. All this tech including the Bose was leading edge when new now it is obsolete and expensive to maintain.
The Bose is oddly reliant on having power at the antenna to work.
I would start there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts