Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help before I go crazy!

I bought the car from a lady whose daughter was in prison and she was selling it trying to raise some money. It has been sitting for an unknown time. They tried to start it, it wouldn't start, so they decided to sell it.

I cleaned the fuel tank, put in a new pump and screen, removed the filter, brand new gas, ran new gas through the line and installed new filter and checked the schrader valve and have 41 PSI at the valve. I've got good fire and have read the service manual until I'm about to go blind.

It has set a code 41 but I can't find anything wrong. Could my injectors be clogged? The tank was full of debris and water - the pump had seized up with rust. I have power to each injector.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks.

Also a proud owner of a Frost Blue 1959.

Gene

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Given what you have said I would think clogged injectors. Can it/ will it start on starting fluid?

Your code is DTC #41: Ignition Control Circuit Open.
Not sure how that relates to your no start problem.

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
When you say you have good fire, do you mean you're getting spark?

The DTC 41 code would seem to be inhibiting spark, since that indicates a problem in the ICM.

What does the factory manual give you for troubleshooting - mine aren't convenient right now, but I might have a look in the morning.

Steven

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Given what you have said I would think clogged injectors. Can it/ will it start on starting fluid?

Your code is DTC #41: Ignition Control Circuit Open.
Not sure how that relates to your no start problem.
Yes - it will start on starting fluid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say you have good fire, do you mean you're getting spark?

The DTC 41 code would seem to be inhibiting spark, since that indicates a problem in the ICM.

What does the factory manual give you for troubleshooting - mine aren't convenient right now, but I might have a look in the morning.

Steven
Yes I am getting a strong spark. On code 41, the manual tells you how to check the coil.

I put my coil into an operating 95 and it ran fine.

Gene

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took out the injectors Cleaned them with starting fluid. They where full of trash. Car runs like new. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts