Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all, I am happy to join the corvette community. When my step father passed away - he left me with his 1986 Vette Coupe. All I can say is "AWESOME":thumbsup::thumbsup: :cheers:
I had it shipped to me from New Mexico last spring, and it sat in my garage for a while, while I could get it running properly. After lots of research, I finally ended up replacing the MAF sensor as well as the ignition module. They had it painted in New Mexico and the SOB's that painted it screwed up everything. When I got it here I had to get the door weather stripping replaced as well as the window regulators. Had them replaced with the newer style regulators. I also had the door panels some what fixed. It is now driveable and comfortable. It has new seats and new gas tank. The interior seems to be the only thing i need to concentrate now, but there is one other thing. When my mother still had it, she was backing the vette into the garage and ran it up against her truck, so now the new paint job is no more on the right rear side. :WTF:thud:

BUt anyway's it is great to be a vette owner and this will definitely not be my last. I will slowly work on the interior getting it back to normal,all though I must say it isnt bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts