Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a video of the new Sweet thunders in my side pipes from Custom Image.

This video was taken with my Go Pro HD camera to show the sound of the new exhaust setup. However, it turns out the video also demonstrates the DURABILTY of the Go Pro.... halfway during the video I decided to switch camera positions, however, like an idiot I forgot to clean the new spot which was dusty. I got about 100-200yds away and the camera went flying. It was then passed over by two on coming cars. Luckily, when I got to it is was intact! Even then case isnt scratched! Not only do these cameras take good videos, but theyre tough as hell!! lol

As far as the exhaust goes let me know what you think. I love the sound, its loud and very aggressive. The car seems to have more throttle response now thats able breathe without those glasspacks in the side pipes. :partyon:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
The pipes sound really nice and that was a slick way for us to be able to hear the pipes from a distance.
Now lets hear a screaming burnout.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pipes sound really nice and that was a slick way for us to be able to hear the pipes from a distance.
Now lets hear a screaming burnout.
Thanks guys. Haha yeah, thats all I was trying to do... give a different way to hear the pipes :laughing:

Oh yeah, once the warm weather is here for good Ill make a nice burnout video. I need new rear tires, so Im going to decommission the current ones in the proper way! :devil: Its fun though, if I even get on it just a little it spins the tires so hard you dont even really hear them squeal... they just break loose instantly :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
just about convinced, maybe

I pulled out the engine choking mufflers out of the C.I. pipes that I got, too. I've just been waffling over the sweet thunders and the sts baffles. I've read that the sweet thunders are louder than the sts, but they sure do sound great.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled out the engine choking mufflers out of the C.I. pipes that I got, too. I've just been waffling over the sweet thunders and the sts baffles. I've read that the sweet thunders are louder than the sts, but they sure do sound great.
Yeah I went back and forth between getting the STS or the ST. I like loud, plus the Sweet Thunders were significantly cheaper which is always nice :partyon: Im very happy with the choice thus far.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I made a video of the new Sweet thunders in my side pipes from Custom Image.

This video was taken with my Go Pro HD camera to show the sound of the new exhaust setup. However, it turns out the video also demonstrates the DURABILTY of the Go Pro.... halfway during the video I decided to switch camera positions, however, like an idiot I forgot to clean the new spot which was dusty. I got about 100-200yds away and the camera went flying. It was then passed over by two on coming cars. Luckily, when I got to it is was intact! Even then case isnt scratched! Not only do these cameras take good videos, but theyre tough as hell!! lol

As far as the exhaust goes let me know what you think. I love the sound, its loud and very aggressive. The car seems to have more throttle response now thats able breathe without those glasspacks in the side pipes. :partyon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmYKAIh6Eg
I like your camera set-up and the way the sound wasn't all lost due to wind noise. And a very clear picture too.

I tried the Sweet Thunder inserts on my 427 and the 2.5" inserts were way too loud for me. (I'm old, I know.) How's the sound inside the car when accelerating? The 2.5" diameter inserts, and the smaller 2.25" inserts that I tried second, both made for a vibration-inducing noise on my car. In the end, I stuck with the STS Baffles. Forgetting about the volume, I think the Sweet Thunders do have some of the mid-year side exhaust sound that I was looking for.

I just uploaded a couple of videos from when I was testing out the Sweet Thunders. I fully recognize, that like the color of a car, that beauty is in the eye (ear) of the beholder, so there's no right or wrong here. Just what works for you.

Beautiful car BTW.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like your camera set-up and the way the sound wasn't all lost due to wind noise. And a very clear picture too.

I tried the Sweet Thunder inserts on my 427 and the 2.5" inserts were way too loud for me. (I'm old, I know.) How's the sound inside the car when accelerating? The 2.5" diameter inserts, and the smaller 2.25" inserts that I tried second, both made for a vibration-inducing noise on my car. In the end, I stuck with the STS Baffles. Forgetting about the volume, I think the Sweet Thunders do have some of the mid-year side exhaust sound that I was looking for.

I just uploaded a couple of videos from when I was testing out the Sweet Thunders. I fully recognize, that like the color of a car, that beauty is in the eye (ear) of the beholder, so there's no right or wrong here. Just what works for you.

Beautiful car BTW.

Hey Fred, yeah I still have a bunch of videos of your car that you gave me when I was trying to decide whether or not to get the Sweet Thunders. The 2.25" definitely are loud, but thats exactly what I wanted. Theres some vibration in the interior, but nothing too bad.... Im probably going to dynamat the interior soon anyways. Its very aggressive under acceleration, but thats the best part!.... it sounds so mean :devil:

As far as the camera, thats the best part about the Go Pro. The case is designed to eliminate wind noise, no matter what speed you are driving at. Its amazing how little wind noise (if any) that you hear. The video is a true 1080p. Its a fun camera to play around with. It has all sorts of different mounts to get a ton of different angles :thumbsup:

·
Registered
607 Posts
O Oh, I have a pair of 2.5" thunders on the way:lookinup:

Well I guess I did want loud and I'll find out if I'm too old Fred!

BTW I have 3 Go Pro's at work, brilliant camera's, take the plunge if your undecided.....you wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How did they fit BTW and how long are they?
They fit pretty well. Theres a slight rattle, mainly noticeable right as you shut the car off. Im gonna tack weld them in to fix it. As far as length, Im not sure...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hey Fred, yeah I still have a bunch of videos of your car that you gave me when I was trying to decide whether or not to get the Sweet Thunders. The 2.25" definitely are loud, but thats exactly what I wanted. Theres some vibration in the interior, but nothing too bad.... Im probably going to dynamat the interior soon anyways. Its very aggressive under acceleration, but thats the best part!.... it sounds so mean :devil:

As far as the camera, thats the best part about the Go Pro. The case is designed to eliminate wind noise, no matter what speed you are driving at. Its amazing how little wind noise (if any) that you hear. The video is a true 1080p. Its a fun camera to play around with. It has all sorts of different mounts to get a ton of different angles :thumbsup:
When I had the 2.5" inserts in the pipes, I had a car following me around and when I got to a light the guys in this car were hanging out the windows behind me telling me how mean it sounded.

Hope you can post some video under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I had the 2.5" inserts in the pipes, I had a car following me around and when I got to a light the guys in this car were hanging out the windows behind me telling me how mean it sounded.

Hope you can post some video under hard acceleration.
Absolutely, this was just a quick cruise to stretch her legs. I havent officially gotten her out of her winter hibernation just yet. Once I do I plan on making some good videos!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts