Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 coupe was T-boned almost 2 weeks ago. The car will be fixed, by Chevy, about $15k in damage. The car has 29000 miles, 3LT, 6sp manual. As a result of the damage, what is the approximate depreciation on my car? The passenger side fender, headlight assembly door, quarter panel, window glass, suspension and wheels will be replaced.

I saw a ZR1 at the dealership, loved the chrome wheels. When I get my car back, I am considering getting 19"/20" ZR1 replicas to fit my standard suspension/wheels C6. Will I need to lower my car for the 19/20 combo to look right? Could this lowering be accomplished with the stock bolts?

Any insight is appreciated!

·
Registered
401 Posts
WOW, I dont know if your lucky or not. Ive seen less damage be a complete total. 15k is a lot of damage. If you were Tboned, how is there no outer frame rail damage?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW, I dont know if your lucky or not. Ive seen less damage be a complete total. 15k is a lot of damage. If you were Tboned, how is there no outer frame rail damage?
It wasn't a high speed collision, but was hard enough to crack the body panels. the asshole was accelerating as he hit me as I was moving forward. Bodyshop said no frame damage. Any idea as to depreciation?

·
Registered
162 Posts
The delta between an excellent and fair condition vehicle is approx $5K. Assuming they can clean it up, your loss upon selling it may be minimal. I agree with 1C62NV that $15K is quite a bit of damage...I'd go for totaling it or nit pick the crap outta them to make it worth it on their part. Good luck

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The delta between an excellent and fair condition vehicle is approx $5K. Assuming they can clean it up, your loss upon selling it may be minimal. I agree with 1C62NV that $15K is quite a bit of damage...I'd go for totaling it or nit pick the crap outta them to make it worth it on their part. Good luck
Yeah, it will be perfect or it will not leave the bodyshop. A client of mine owns a car dealership, he thought the value may have dropped 8-10k. Thanks for your input!:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts