Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's going on guys? I'm going to attend a 2 day school to get my racing license. It's October 11th and 12th:partyon::partyon:. I looked in my mail box yesterday and found two books. Race Secrets, Professional Race Driving Techniques and Mental Strategies to Maximize Your Racing Performance.

I have had only 9 track days this year. I've been busy at work. Dealing with the City of Seattle with permits and constuction have had me away from the race track.

I do know that I have a strong and badass track car that is going to shine as a racecar!!!

I love driving and racing. It's the carrot in front of me that keeps me plowing through the field of life.

My instructor Don Kitch Jr. ran in the 24 hours of LeMans in 2008. He was in a F430. I have a great teacher that is a great guy. I am going to learn alot. I always do when I go to the track.

I wish you guys were there.

Race car + racing license = Fun!!!

Jr.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
wooo grats! have fun!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Have you learned how to relax and enjoy driving yet...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
[I looked in my mail box yesterday and found two books. Race Secrets, Professional Race Driving Techniques and Mental Strategies to Maximize Your Racing Performance.
/QUOTE]

All knowledge is good knowledge and books are a way to get your mindset started. I raced SCCA and IMSA for 15 years and really had a blast. After you get done reading and you want to go faster, just remember what Jackie Stewart said in an interview once.

He was asked what the secret to his success was and he said, "It's no secret.......just less brakes and more gas.":D
Makes sense...no?

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you learned how to relax and enjoy driving yet...:laughing::laughing::laughing:
I have been working on that for the last two years. You would be proud.:thumbsup:

Jr.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
do you have HANS device? If you don't, please pick one up.
I just got back from the track day. One guy went into a tire wall today. Car totalled and more importantly, it seemed he got some neck injury.

HANS only seems to work if you have 5 point harness, and I think you got one in your track car, so invest little more in your safety when you are getting more serious about racing. :thumbsup:

-- I don't have roll cage, so I don't have harness.. :lookinup: I may pick up at least some padded neck support.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from the track day. One guy went into a tire wall today. Car totalled and more importantly, it seemed he got some neck injury.

HANS only seems to work if you have 5 point harness, and I think you got one in your track car, so invest little more in your safety when you are getting more serious about racing. :thumbsup:

-- I don't have roll cage, so I don't have harness.. :lookinup: I may pick up at least some padded neck support.
I know, very important. I will get one soon, if things work out. I should be racing T1 in March.

Jr.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
keep up the good work, as some of us are living vicariously through you :laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's tomorrow!!! It looks like it's going to be raining hard. That has been my life story. I think I had as more wet days this year than dry days.

I think it will be these conditions. Remember this video?

I can't wait for my first time racing in the rain. Being in the Pacific Northwest, you know that will happen.

Jr.

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I passed the 2 day competition racing school. We were assigned Colbalt SS's. 8 cars started the school. One was wrecked. We did everything that involved racing a car and then had a race on the second day. I carried the best lap times both days. They put me in the very back for the race. The first race I came in 4th. The second race I came in first. The last race I was a mess and was racing out the rear view mirror and made some mistakes. I hope to be racing T1 next March. Alot of fun:partyon:

Here's a picture of the lap times.

Jr.

·
Registered
362 Posts
congrats dude! i might be doing this soon. I have an IT racecar sitting in my driveway. It's no T1 car, but it's still fun! I'd love to see more pics from your adventures!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I just got back from the track day. One guy went into a tire wall today. Car totaled and more importantly, it seemed he got some neck injury.

If you get a harness, please save your family jewels and get a 6 point not a 5 point. You can stiffen your car and install a harness if you install a track bar.

I am a big Simpson supporter but my Ssheroth is the most comfortable harness I have used.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Congrats on passing, even more congrats on being the fastest guy out there. Now remember to stay out of the left lane unless you are passing.:laughing:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I had those lap times a few years ago, my head wouldn't be able to fit in my helmet. I have been humbled, but it's good to know I'm kinda quick.:D

It is like no other feeling to really race on a road course.

Jr.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I see your starting to learn how to sit back relax and enjoy it. Now your starting to get smoth. When you do that your times improve...:thumbsup::D

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see your starting to learn how to sit back relax and enjoy it. Now your starting to get smoth. When you do that your times improve...:thumbsup::D
Being strapped in with the 6 point helps and having a racing seat really helps. I have to have 3 novice races before I can get my regional license. I'm going to run those with the LS1 that is in the car now. That will allow me to get the cage this winter. Did I ever mention that when I grow up, I'm going to be a racecar driver.:laughing:

Jr.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts