Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pulled apart my power steering control valve on the 77, there were 2 extra washers inside. One on either side of the "ball seat spring." They are not mentioned in the Eckler's rebuild materials, nor on the extensive rebuild guide on CSSBINC.com.

I still have them but did not install them back. I will say that the old ball seat spring was pretty flat, where the new one stood taller. Maybe the old owner was doing (another) bubba fix?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
When I pulled apart my power steering control valve on the 77, there were 2 extra washers inside. One on either side of the "ball seat spring." They are not mentioned in the Eckler's rebuild materials, nor on the extensive rebuild guide on CSSBINC.com.

I still have them but did not install them back. I will say that the old ball seat spring was pretty flat, where the new one stood taller. Maybe the old owner was doing (another) bubba fix?

Being a very easily rebuildable component of the steering system, and considering the wear the higher mileage C3s saw to their steering systems, I agree it's highly likely someone took it upon themselves to 'fix' it themselves.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so too. It's in the car, bled and adjusted, so we'll see if it leaks over night. Hopefully not. Then its on to the next project.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts