Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OEM wheel studs on a C3 are 1.75 inch long and I would like to find some 2 inch long studs. Any ideas where I might find some?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The OEM wheel studs on a C3 are 1.75 inch long and I would like to find some 2 inch long studs. Any ideas where I might find some?

Jegs sells a lot of oversized studs.

But, I can just barely change the stock studs without pulling the axle. It seems like the longer studs would require pressing out the axle.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jegs sells a lot of oversized studs.

But, I can just barely change the stock studs without pulling the axle. It seems like the longer studs would require pressing out the axle.
Good point. I am swapping the studs in the front hubs right now and had not considered the rears. I wonder if there is a hole or recess on the dust sheild that I can pass the studs through?

I have looked at Jegs and Summit. They have 7/16-20 x 1.75 but that's pretty much it. They have a fair amount of 1/2 inch and metric but I don't really wan't to convert sizes.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I wonder if there is a hole or recess on the dust sheild that I can pass the studs through?
I've changed the rear studs several times and the only recess was just deep enough for the stock studs. You might be able to make one in the dust shield. Let us know if you figure out a solution.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've changed the rear studs several times and the only recess was just deep enough for the stock studs. You might be able to make one in the dust shield. Let us know if you figure out a solution.
I looked and there isn't a good place to get them in from the back (on the rear hubs) so I will have to work around that. On the fronts, I might cut some longer ones as XQZME suggested.

big2bird: I tried looking at Dorman but it seems the C3 studs are about as long as they come. Wheres your avatar? You have to start using that here, that's one of the weirdest pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I looked and there isn't a good place to get them in from the back (on the rear hubs) so I will have to work around that. On the fronts, I might cut some longer ones as XQZME suggested.

big2bird: I tried looking at Dorman but it seems the C3 studs are about as long as they come. Wheres your avatar? You have to start using that here, that's one of the weirdest pictures I have seen.
Darn thing wont upload. Says file too large.:smack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts