Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first things first: I need a new connector (with pigtail ) for the engine coolant switch part #MPE TS4019SB, its located near the #6 cylinder any advice on where to find one? I have searched in many places with no luck..

#2 when I am driving on the highway my torque converter clutch seems to be disengaging, the rpms drop by about 300-500 rpm then ges back to normal, could it be the TCC solenoid? the car is rarely driven above 50mph, since the town I live in has a max speed limit of 35mph. Any ideas on what it might be? driving through town I have no shifting problems whatsoever

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
for the pigtail check out napa online. get a cross mfg number and then check at any of the standard parts stores. should be easy enough to find.

If your RPMS are dropping that means the lock up converter is engaging.. Depending on your speeds and engine temps it will vary when it engages and doesn't.

Also when was the last time you checked the trans filters and changed fluids.. some gumming in the valve body can cause sticking and slipping similar to your description.. does it seem to downshift normally on acceleration?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the pigtail check out napa online. get a cross mfg number and then check at any of the standard parts stores. should be easy enough to find.

If your RPMS are dropping that means the lock up converter is engaging.. Depending on your speeds and engine temps it will vary when it engages and doesn't.

Also when was the last time you checked the trans filters and changed fluids.. some gumming in the valve body can cause sticking and slipping similar to your description.. does it seem to downshift normally on acceleration?

it seems to shift normally through the gears cruising around the town, it doesn't slip nor does it seem like it wants to stall out at all, the only time I have noticed it act weird is at highway speeds.
Do you think the Eng Temp Switch might be the culprit as well? It cold be giving the the computer false readings and making it disengage the lockup?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
it seems to shift normally through the gears cruising around the town, it doesn't slip nor does it seem like it wants to stall out at all, the only time I have noticed it act weird is at highway speeds.
Do you think the Eng Temp Switch might be the culprit as well? It cold be giving the the computer false readings and making it disengage the lockup?
doubtful. it would be running lean or rich and probably have start up problems if the temp sensor is flaky. it might be the solenoid, but no real way of trouble shooting via keyboard on that one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts