Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I came back from school, and was sitting on a stop light where there was no traffic that lies ahead of me. I looked to the side, and notice there was a Subaru WRX STI on the middle lane and an 80's Porsche 911 on the far right lane. The driver of the subaru (that appears to be my age) rolled down his window and said " Do you want to race, between you, me and the 911! it'll be a three-way race". And so I said "why not !".

Before the lights turns green, both the STI and 911 was reving at their highest peak. And I was the only one idling (since I have an automatic and wanted to save some gas). So the lights turns green and at that moment, I stomp on the gas and did a wheel spin for about a second! The 911 and I was neck to neck at 30 MPH, while the STI was 3 car lenghts behind! Seconds later, I noticed that I was pulling ahead by 5 car lengths, and looked at the odometer and was doing 52 MPH. By the time I got to 85 MPH, I smoke them by at leat 15 car lenghts, and was amaze of how fast my car really is! :D

After the race was over, I was sitting on another stop-light. And the driver of the Subaru finally catching-up and was at the right lane next to me! He rolled down his window, and so I said "Dude, you got smoke, what happened ?" and his response was " It takes time for the turbo to kick in". And as for the Porsche, I have no clue where he went. The last time I looked at him (when he was losing by 5 car lenghts) he looks awfully embarrassed and was quite unhappy!

Overall that was a very fun race, and I have to admitt it was also a bit scary, since it was my first time!

P.S.: I apologized, if you have a hard time understanding my story as I am still learning english, (came here 5 years ago from Indonesia!). -Irwan

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
A bone stock '85 'vette killing an AWD Subaru WRX STi from a stop? I have a hard time believing that.. but I guess you're not lying to us:partyon:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A bone stock '85 'vette killing an AWD Subaru WRX STi from a stop? I have a hard time believing that.. but I guess you're not lying to us:partyon:
I know its hard to believe, but its true. That's what makes it seems unique. The moment I raced these guys, I thought that I'm gonna lose, but for some reason I won. Believe me. Btw I found out that it was just a 1993 WRX not an STI. Sorry !

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
I don't think WRX was out before like 2002.
Technically yes and no, I know they were in Japan that early, I'm not sure about the states.

Sounds like OP got a hold of a yuppie who can't drive a porsche, and a kid that knows nothing about his car. Still 2 wins though.

Good kills.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
170 Posts
Was the SCARY part at 52mph or 85mph???:rolling: :rolling:

Gnarly kill man, ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I've got a hard time believing a C4 could beat either of those cars myself without being heavily modded or with some kind of nitrous shot, unless the other two drivers were asleep........especially if he had wheel slip the way it is described. Maybe he beat them, but I think those car lengths were just a tad over exaggerated.

sorry to rain on your parade kid

·
Registered
477 Posts
I read this thread, it's a CLASSIC case of the other (2 cars, drivers) NOT even aware they were involved in this sled fest..

Hahaha 5 lengths by 52mph then 15 lengths total lol....:rolling: Junior are you aware every length roughly equates to a 10HP advantage? that would mean......drum roll please.......150HP advatage to your older under powered Vette..

These are Kill stories...Make sure they know you're racing you next time, I know you said the guy asked to race you, but your descrption is completely unrealistic & impossible considering vehicles, speeds, involved..:thumbsup:

I run into guys like you all the time, doing fly-byes some w/honks & thumbs up as they pass me in ordinary slow traffic, light to traffic light rolls, w/me going the speed limit totally just cruising along, then the classic ricer fye-bye I had my windows down came up to the next light w/guy in total heap rice bucket grinning ear to ear, saying "I thought those new C6 Vettes were supposed to be fast? apparently not?" :WTF :smack :devil: :spanked: :rolling: :laughing:

Upon hearing this I literally left him like a red headed step child at a bus stop!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts