Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try not to get to embroiled in political battles, but in viewing different news outlets today, I cam across this article. Two new rules stated at the bottom of the article came out at me, and left me thinking "why wasnt this done already?"

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/01/06/house.constitution/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

In new House rules passed Wednesday, all bills and joint resolutions submitted for approval will be required to have an accompanying statement explaining their Constitutional authority. Republicans and the members of the Tea Party have argued that Democrats regularly overreached the Constitutional powers granted to the House of Representatives and believe this rule will refocus legislative priorities.

Bills also will be required to be posted online for 72 hours before they can come to a final vote, banning the practice of rewriting legislation shortly before it is to be voted on, so that all Americans have time to go online, read a bill and then lobby their member of Congress.
I believe these two rules will be a step forward. There really isn't a reason they should be coming up now. Stating the authority by which you make a decision should have been a given from the beginning... but better late then never. As for making bills more available, well, anything that give constituents more time to draw conclusions and address their representatives is a good thing.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
Nice find, brother.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
The thing I see wrong with this is,

The obama bill was like 2000 pages long

Bon:nuts:

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
The thing I see wrong with this is,

The obama bill was like 2000 pages long

Bon:nuts:
Yes, but the new plan to repeal is only 2 pages. :thumbsup:
:laughing:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politi...th-care-repeal-What-will-that-bill-do-exactly

House Republicans have made public the text of their bill to repeal President Obama’s health-care reforms. It doesn’t take much time to read it – it’s only two pages long, as opposed to the 2,000-plus page length of the law the GOP lawmakers are trying to reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts