Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought my new toy home from the dealer - a 2002 Z06. Except I notice the emblems on the front quarter panels say 505 Z06. Not 505 HP, just 505.

Is this just a case that someone swapped out emblems or is there something else I should know about my new ride?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
well 02 z's dont have 505 hp so they changed it for sure

·
Registered
752 Posts
get a pic, maybe someone will recognize the badge. maybe its an aftermarket company badge... LPE MTI DRM etc, etc.... usually those would be labeled tho. although I think lingenfelter has a package with a badge that says z430 and thats it, but really i don't know.

Otherwise i have no clue... sorry.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,825 Posts
We definitely need a pic of that

·
Registered
287 Posts
hmm yeah thats odd. The 2002 Z06 has 405 hp so maybe the previous owner got a bit jealous and decided to make it 505. In any case do post pics :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not the greatest pic but here it is (it appears to be a "standard" C6 emblem)

I guess the previous owner *was* jealous:laughing:

·
Registered
411 Posts
i knew that honda boys put vtec emblems on their non-vtec hondas, but I didn't know the envy extended all the way to c5 owners.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The previous owner was a tool......:lookinup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The previous owner was a tool......:lookinup:
Maybe but he (she?) sure did take care of this C5!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their input. I pretty much suspected the emblems were replaced.....

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
now you know what you have to do... you need to take that car bring it to lingenfelter or callaway and make it 505hp

·
Registered
752 Posts
oh yea, i thought you said it didn't have HP anywhere. in any case thats def. a c6 z emblem. oh well, probably wouldn't cost much to switch it back out. how bout some pics of the car now bro... :partyon:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now you know what you have to do... you need to take that car bring it to lingenfelter or callaway and make it 505hp
Yea! Well, the next step in the process of getting to know my new ride is get the owners manual for the thing. I haven't yet figured out the seat memory feature and whether or not the previous owner replaced the stock shifter with something different. The throw seems way too short for stock to me but I guess I'll need someone familiar with the C5 to tell me for sure

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,825 Posts
I haven't yet figured out the seat memory feature...
There is one FOB for memory 1 and one for memory 2. If you are using #1, set the seat where you want it and press the memory button on the door arm rest. It won't work unless the car is unlocked with the FOB. Before you open the door press the unlock button on the FOB and it will go to memory. You need to do this whether the car is lock or not. The seat will then move to memory position when the key is inserted in teh ignition

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
I would have the car dyno tested just to see where it's at.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
At the very least the shifter has been shortened.
Sharp Vette.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At the very least the shifter has been shortened.
Sharp Vette.:thumbsup:

I was wondering about that! The throw seems really short to be stock to me. Then again, I don't know of any other Z06's in the area so I can compare.

For all I know, my shift throw is normal!

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
I'm curious if you ran the vin to be sure it's a real Z06. I can't figure why the previous owner swapped out the badges, unless it was just an FRC and he wanted to be a poser. But your engine LOOKS legit. It's a beauty either way. And the wife has a real nice C4 too. Congrats on your new baby. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts